We don’t always know who is sending us emails. Some are important while some are just a mere waste of time. It is ok in case of important emails but sometimes unimportant emails irritate us a lot. Such emails are called junk mails or spam. Due to this reasons, many of the important emails remain unattended which causes a problem later on. In this article, we will tell you about how to block and mark the junk mails on the Hotmail account.
Ways To Block Junk In Hotmail
It is actually not possible to mark a message as junk. It is even not allowed to edit the junk mail setting from the Hotmail mobile app. Here are the steps which will tell you about how to block the junk mails
- Open Website Of Hotmail: Visit the website of the Hotmail and open the inbox if you have already been logged in from before. However, if you are not logged in then click the sign in button and enter all the required information to log in, then click the sign in button.
- Select The Checkbox Which Is On The Left Side Of The Email: While you are on the page, you will find a white coloured box which is on the left side of the email. This option is available for all the emails. Select accordingly which you want to be marked as junk.
- Select Junk: After you have selected the mail which you want to be marked as junk, look at the top right corner of the Hotmail page’s row. You will find a button written Archive. Click the button in order to move the email you have selected to the junk folder.
- Click On The Junk Folder: After moving the emails to the archive folder, go on and click on the Junk email button which is on the left side of the Hotmail page. However, if you have opened your Hotmail account from a PC then you have to click the right button and if you are using a Mac then you have to do a two finger click.
- Select The Empty Folder: Next you will find the option to empty the junk folder. This option will be visible to you in a pop-up window. Navigate your cursor to the empty folder button and click it.
- Select The OK Button: After you have selected the empty folder button, you are not done yet. You will be asked to select an ok button which will appear on your Hotmail page. Select the button. So, now you have successfully cleared the junk emails from the Junk folder. Along with deleting the junk messages, the sender of the email which you have selected will be selected as a junk recipient. This means you will no longer get notification of the mail they send.
The above points tell about how to block junk emails in Hotmail. Make sure you go through them once right before you block your junk mails.